Stress Relief Strategies: Self-Care for Caregivers
(previously taught as Boost Your BrainPower! De*Stress Your Life!)
At various times in our lives we are called upon to provide care for the young or elderly, for family or friends.
Our best intentions to be helpful to others may become stressful to ourselves.
To provide care for others we must first take care of ourselves.
Self-care begins with the simple act of focused breathing, which reconnects us to the calming nervous system within our bodies.
Join us in the Boost Your BrainPower! Class, where we explore the natural stress-management capabilities of body and mind.
This special three-hour class introduces you to the concepts of the Profound Neutral approach and offers simple, effective restorative techniques that can be used to help yourself, family and friends
- Learn about the body's natural systems of stress-management as it responds to internal and external events.
- Explore the basic anatomy of the body's stress-regulating systems in a simple and logical way.
- Reclaim your connection to your own restorative flow of health through focused breathing techniques.
- Create a simple, effective plan for recognizing stress signals (internal and external) and engaging helpful response techniques.
- Experience the flow of health in your own body, and feel how this helps you support others more effectively.
This class is open to laypeople who are interested in learning safe, simple techniques for self-care and stress management. We also welcome therapists who are interested in the Profound Neutral approach.
Tuition for this Class is . Two families members, attending together and sharing one workbook, may attend for . Please click "family sharing discount" on your registration.
Tuition is due 1 week before class date. No refunds within 1 week prior to class date; deposit may be credited to other classes or products. Sorry, but we are unable to accommodate walk-in students.
Please register in advance!
Please wear comfortable, loose clothing - you will be giving and receiving work in a chair!