Clinical Foundations Class
Neurovascular Integration: Clinical Foundations is a class designed for healthcare professionals and caregivers who are interested in exploring the gentle touch of Profound Neutral, as applied to the nervous system and surrounding connective tissue structures.
From the old osteopathic and cranial stories, we advance to ground our work in the latest scientific understanding of how the nervous system presides over body and mind, form and function.
The class is intensely grounded in our "living anatomy," while it encourages the development of "thinking, feeling" touch and palpation skills, all from the respectful, gentle intention of Profound Neutral.
Learn how the touch of Profound Neutral can transform your healthcare practice as we integrate these techniques throughout the body.
- Develop your palpation skills in Profound Neutral and observe how the tissues respond when we "hold a space" for the powerful, peaceful parasympathetic nervous system to reorganize.
- Explore the anatomy and physiology of the neuromusculoskeletal system, as illuminated by the autonomic nervous system, and acquire a series of simple yet comprehensive techniques to support the nervous system.
- Experience the ease and comfort, for both therapist and client, of the Profound Neutral approach.
- Practice these simple techniques in guided lab activities.
- Expand your therapeutic repertoire and bring home valuable techniques for both adult and pediatric clients.
Upon completion of this introductory class, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate Profound Neutral peripheral manual input to optimize central neurological responses
- Identify developmental/functional processes of pelvic, thoracic, cervical and cranial structures and impact of disruptive events on mobility and function
- Assess, plan and implement an appropriate therapeutic intervention to support neurosensory reorganization and improve function
Instructor assessment of lab activities determines satisfactory completion of requirements for CEHs/CEUs.
More Seminar Details
Read the brochure here: CF FL 2019 pdf
Still not sure what makes NVI CF Class different than other "cranial" classes? Download the FAQ
Registration: This class is open to healthcare professionals and caregivers with or without previous cranial experience. Willingness to explore new palpation skills is essential!
Tuition for this 2-day class is $450. A $175 deposit holds your place. Remainder due 2 weeks before class. Early Registration Discount tuition is $400 (full amount only), good until 6/6/19. Cancellations: tuition less $50 processing fee refunded up to 2 weeks before class. No refunds after that date.
Yes, we offer a "retake tuition" rate. Come on back and see what's new!
Class Hours: 9-6 both days
Class Dates and Locations: June 20-21, 2019, Palm Beach Gardens, FL. Class is being held at the Hilton Garden Inn.
Continuing Education: Upon successful completion of this class, students will receive a certificate of completion for 16.5 Continuing Education Hours. We are NCTMB approved providers, and this course is approved by the Florida Board of Massage Therapy. We report to CEBroker, this course #20-300196.
NVI, Inc. is an AOTA approved CE provider. This class earns 1.3 AOTA CEUs. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
AOTA Classification Codes for this introductory class:
First Content Focus: Domain of OT: Context and Environment
Second Content Focus: Occupational Therapy Process: Intervention
Third Content Focus: Professional Issues: Contemporary Issues & Trends
NVI, Inc. provides "Clean Space" classroom environments, and use of essential oils in the class space is prohibited. By registering you agree to the terms and conditions of our seminar policies here.
Thank you! See you soon!