Neurovascular Flow Class
Since its original beginnings in 2001, the Neurovascular Flow Class has grounded us in the visceral and vascular dances of the autonomic nervous system.
Our more recent explorations of autonomic brainstem circuitry, while powerful and intriguing, revealed that we do not live by our wiring alone.
As we strive to make sense of our wiring, it is in the context of source, story and self.
As we acknowledge the power of story to create or inhibit body-brain function, we are led deeper into brainstem and "Whole Brain" mapping.
For the first time, explore the new "Whole Brain Theory" of Somatic, Sensory and Social brain centers wired for fluid conversation, homeostatic regulation and "what makes sense," inside and out.
In this newly revised Neurovascular Flow Class, we address these deeper body-brain autonomic mapping systems and the restorative story patterning that makes sense of the changes.
From our initial call to "breathe it * feel it * name it," we can now immerse in the self-corrective, restorative processes that let us bring source, self and story to service.
Let's explore together in the *New* Neurovascular Flow Class.
More Seminar Details
This two-day, multi-hands class provides an opportunity to further awaken our dormant centers of perception, as we explore the autonomic nervous system and its reflexive dance with the vascular and visceral systems, through critical brainstem and limbic circuits.
- Explore the anatomy and physiology of the vascular and visceral systems.
- Discover the fascinating wiring of our central autonomic circuitry, and learn to incorporate simple neural plasticity approaches to rewire aberrant recognition-and-response patterns.
- Facilitate the agility between sympathetic and parasympathetic systems.
- Follow the nervous system conversations through the "three layers" of Bones>Belly>Cerebellum, Larynx>Lungs>Palate, and Cerebellar Sensory Slide.
- Expand your palpation skills through multi-hand techniques that add depth to your solo practice as well.
Upon completion of this class students will be able to:
* Define the three structural elements of vascular tissue, and the autonomic circuit organization between periphery and brainstem
* Define the three steps of neurosensory autonomic regulation that are affected by manual therapy interventions
* List three common neuromusculoskeletal dysfunctions related to underlying ANS dysregulation
* List three important structural patterns between pelvic,thoracic and cranial base structures and understand their relationship to whole-body neurovascular function
* Assess, plan and implement an appropriate therapeutic intervention to support neurosensory reorganization and improve functionInstructor assessment of lab activities determines satisfactory completion of requirements for CEHs/CEUs.
Prerequisites: This class is open to therapists who have completed the Neurovascular Integration Essential Mouthwork class (formerly, Sacred Spaces Advanced Mouthwork).
Tuition for this 2-day class is $450. A $225 deposit holds your place. Remainder due 2 weeks before class. Extended payment plan is available, please contact Cathy for details.
Early Registration Discount: tuition of $425 paid in full by 4/11/16.
Retake tuition is $275.
Cancellation Policy: tuition less $50 processing fee refunded up to 2 weeks before class. No refunds after that date.
Class Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm both Saturday and Sunday.
Continuing Education: Upon successful completion of this class, students will receive a certificate of completion for 16.5 Continuing Education Hours. We are NCTMB approved providers.
NVI, Inc. is an AOTA approved CE provider. This class earns 1.3 AOTA CEUs. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
AOTA Classification Codes for this advanced class:
First Content Focus: Occupational Therapy Process: Intervention
Second Content Focus: Domain of OT: Context and Environment
Third Content Focus: Professional Issues: Contemporary Issues & Trends
NVI, Inc. provides "Clean Space" classroom environments, and use of essential oils in the class space is prohibited. By registering you agree to the terms and conditions of our seminar policies here.
Thank you! See you soon!